Saturday, May 22, 2010

master cleanse-my personal saga



So, here I am,day #2 of this lemonade feast! Yesterday was awful.It started out ok, but ended up with a 19 out of 10 pain on a scale of 10 being the worse. my head began to hurt and slowly built up to a crescendo while driving my kid to the movies.I was incapacitated and couldn't speak. I barely made it home, praying and crying for it to be gone. My hubs insisted that I eat soup broth.I did ,with 2 advil and an ice pack. 30 minutes later,it subsided. Now, in the first place, Im doing this for spiritual advancement and discipline.Weight loss is secondary,Well, thats what Im telling myself anyway. Regardless of the motivation,I have now begun to completely rethink or THINK of my relationship with food,I've known food a long time and have taken it for granted . Never realizing how psychologically attached I was to the stuff. So many aspects of food that I never think about. Well, thats changed!I am now not only thinking about food ,but about how it affects me.
And as far as being an UNHEALTHY thing to do.SMoking, drinking,overeating, and sex with strangers is a hell of a lot worse than lemons,maple syrup, and cayenne.
Im going to try to keep this up for awhile..Day 2 has been interesting.I started the second part of the cleanse,which is the salt water flush.You add 1 teaspoon of salt to a warm glass of water and drink it.Within 10 minutes, you had better make a move to the potty cause you are gonna be pooping!I actually liked the taste of the salt,I pretended like it was chicken soup and it really did taste good.I've lost 3.5 pounds.When I look at myself,I look the same.I asked my friend,Nesa,who had done this cleanse many times before, where was the the weight lost from? She answered"grief". HA!
I felt light headed all day but with amazing bursts of energy. I got a lot of lingering tasks done today that had been festering for weeks. And, things that bother me normally, like nagging thoughts about my kids or my husband seemed to dissipate as quickly as the thoughts arose,...I like that .
I'll keep you updated in case you are considering doing this.It is quite an experiment in getting to know yourself better and I respect everyone who has done it. It feels purifying, empowering, and go figure, CLEANSING!

No comments:

Post a Comment