Sunday, May 23, 2010

master cleanse day 3


Im not intending to lose weight ,but know it to be a side effect. The real purpose was to see if I COULD do it at all. I wanted to test my discipline that had gotten weaker as of late.Lazy.I like the sloth but dont want to become one.
This cleanse is about cleaning out your mind,body, and psyche, and after only 2 days,(this is day 3) seems to be doing just that.Im not sure if the effect is psychological ,or how it works on us, but it has something to do with our ATTACHMENT to food. Im NOT hungry,amazingly, at all! But, we attach a lot of interaction around food gathering, activity, preparation, emotion, "did you like it" you ask your kids. your hubs feels appreciative that you cooked for him(hopefully)or disappointed if you didnt. ,so there is a lot of FEELINGS associated with it.
I would definitely wean caffeine before trying to go without it. I usually had 1-2 cups a day before.so it wasnt bad except for the almost- migraine headache from hell.
Caffiene is one of the "toxins"(not my word!) that is cleansed from the body. I admit to having a little veg soup broth in the evening when I had the headache with an additional NONO,advil, but I had no recourse.
I feel better than I have for months and wonder why? I got things done yesterday that had been sitting on my list for weeks and today should get more done.The pesky chores that HAVE to be done (applications, jury duty, fundraiser material, getting the lights fixed, fixing the bike, washing the giant rug,etc...).
They say it is easier if you do it with someone and if you dont have to cook for others,which I do.I have lost 3 pounds,that I had slowly gained over the last year. Not a bad thing in this culture.
Try it if you want to enhance your energy and clarity, it works
ENTHUSIASTIC love!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that it would be better to wean yourself off of coffee before a cleanse. I didn't and I had a migraine headache the first day and then succumbed to my liquid toxin as well as food on top of Advil. I will have to try the cleanse again. I am a foodie, and I am extremely attached to food to to complete a cleanse for three days would be an accomplishment for me. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, my headache was awful. But now, it has resolved and I am day 5 and feeling amazing. You CAN dO IT! thats really why I started it to begin with, to see if I could, I didnt think I could. The second day was much better and now, its so easy. Yes, the relationship with food is deep.

    ReplyDelete