Tuesday, May 25, 2010


Day 5 of my first fast EVER!
Hard to believe that I have never thought to do this....hhmmmm,did I believe I was not ready or didn't need too?
This is a lesson folks. everyone needs to bE WITHOUT food to understand your relationship with it and how our lives revolve around it.
Why? some might ask? Just shut up and eat!
Because being aware of your habits and your behaviors makes you a better person...did I write better person? yes, I did. To do anything blindly,without thoughts or intention ,is to take it for granted. In any relationship, we must maintain a vigilant awareness of the relationship so as to make it healthier, stronger, more beautiful. Cultivating and creating our foods ,relationships, and our lives. Bringing awareness to each simple act, even taking a bite of food.
Food isn't just about being hungry. No, its much more, as anyone who has a disorder(overeating or starving) will share with you. Food is comfort,stability, security, ...so now, take it away...what do you have? A whole lot of time on your hands, to do a lot more things, like dance, sing, create, sew, surf, fix stuff,...
Yes, Im liking this "no food" fast. I have my lemons,maple syrup, and my cayenne to keep me happy, and amazingly, its doing just that.I feel great! Clear!
So, take my advice, try it.
especially if you are going through a hard time in life right now, something big and stressful.The fast will help you get clarity,...it will...
Not only is it a colon cleanse, its a psyche cleanse too.
love and lemons(or should I write "lovin lemons!"?).

2 comments:

  1. Would you saw this is something best done during an "easy" week, i.e. not working 10 hr days or traveling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, at the beginning of the fast,I rec starting it on a friday then through the weekend.By monday, its a no brainer. after your body adjusts,you can begin your regular activities, Im going for a 2 hour strenuous mountain hike right now. No problem.But, if you feel lightheaded, take it easy.Also, when you drink the salt water flush,I prefer to do it in the afternoon when I am IN for the evening, the flush will put you on the potty within 30 minutes and you will be friends with it for ,well, give yourself an hour!, so best NOT done, while traveling!At least, wait til you are on the ground or out of the car for the next 3 hours to drink the salt water.

    ReplyDelete