Monday, March 15, 2010

Life goes by fast? I THINK NOT!


"Life goes by fast",I totally disagree with this overused and widely accepted cliche. Seriously, who started this rumor?
As a rumor dispeller(I made this word up-that's legal), I'd like to dispel this one.
DAYS can go by fast,especially when you are falling in love,traveling in an exotic destination,or trying to meet a deadline,but,LIFE doesn't speed past.
I hardly remember most of my early childhood because it was so long ago.Same with the early years of my own children-it also seems like a long time has passed since then.
That's because it has, life stretches out behind you and also before you. With this in mind,relax, you can do it tomorrow.For now,chillax...be authentic,true,and grateful...laugh a lot and out loud...and enjoy life to the fullest, because you are here a looooonnnngggg time.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if life just seems to go fast to people who are too busy to enjoy their Today. Too busy dreaming of better tomorrows or lamenting over lost years of what could have been... instead of just being fully present in the moment.

    I want to live now. Full and beautiful. But how to do this is a learned thing.

    Thanks for showing and reminding me of the importance of being real, living your own truth, and being grateful for the moment.


    Namaste'
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amy about life being short for the people with regrets. I think it is also short for the people who learn too late in life to enjoy and be grateful for the simple things and to be present in the moment. While I plan on enjoying a long life yet to live, I don't think I will ever be ready to quit living.

    ReplyDelete